Functional Biology 3-0
Functional Biology: An Introduction to Cellular and Molecular Biology
This course provides the students with a strong foundation in cellular and molecular biology. Topics include biochemistry, energy metabolism, molecular bases of gene regulation and protein functions, cell division and control, and cell signaling. This course is required for all biology majors and is not recommended for non-science majors.
- Course completion contract required within first week of enrollment
- 5 lessons -- each lesson includes the following:
- a self-test
- concept questions
- lesson test
- extra credit
- Students in this course must complete lessons by established due dates.
- Students may complete no more than one lesson each week, for Lessons 1, 2, 4 and 5. Students must spend at least two weeks on Lesson 3.
Alberts, Bray, Hopkin, Johnson, Lewis, Raff, Roberts, and Walter. Essential Cell Biology, 4th Ed., 2014. ISBN: 978-0-81-534454-4
- Instructor: Joe Koke, Ph.D.
- Tuition: $892.71 (This cost includes the online course fee.)
Take a look inside this course
You may view the Syllabus and Lesson 1 before enrolling.