Health Information Management 2360
Medical Terminology 3-0
Recognizing and understanding the vocabulary of the health care professions. Emphasis on medical prefixes, suffixes, and word roots as used in oral and written communications.
- 10 assignments
- 2 exams, proctored at a testing center
- Students in this course may submit no more than two assignments each week.
- Required Textbook:
Chabner, Language of Medicine, 10th edition, 2013. ISBN: 9781455728466
- Required Course Materials:
HIM 2360 online course content
- Recommended Course Materials: Chabner, Audiotapes for the Language of Medicine, 5th edition. ISBN: 0-721-62994-6
- Instructor: Sue Biedermann, MSHP
- Tuition: $838.74 (This cost includes the online course fee.)
Acquiring Course Materials
All required and optional course materials for both the print-based and online versions of this course are available through the Texas State University Bookstore. Select the current semester, and then select "ODEL" as the Department name.